I have closed my fresh food store, but continue to be your Real Food Gatekeeper, recommending you products, suppliers, shops or websites. Just be attentive, because not all the products available at a given address are what I would call "truly nourishing and sustainable". If a shop/supplier is not on this list, that doesn't necessarily mean it is not a good address. I simply share with you the ones that I have worked with / bought from over the years and that I recommend.
I also organize monthly Real Food Group Order Meetups for some of the products that are not easily available in other shops in Brussels and that I continue to order for myself as a private consumer. Every month I will place a group order of those products, combining it with a social get-together at pick-up time. This is not a commercial activity, but rather a way to socialize with people who share my love for sustainable and nourishing Real Food. During pick-up you will have the chance to chat with other members, while enjoying a drink or a bowl of home-made soup. If you want to join the group, click here.
Note: With some of the suppliers I have entered an affiliate agreement, meaning they pay me a small commission for referring you to them. This does NOT increase your price nor does it influence my judgement. In order for me to benefit, please use the indicated link or code to make your purchase.
· Fresh local fruits and vegetables from small-scale organic farms: www.agricovert.be (choose a depot close to you on their website or visit their store "Transistore" in Etterbeek). My friends Stan and Laetitia also just started their organic farm in Wallonia. They will distribute organic baskets. This is their website: https://ochampdabeilles.wordpress.com/. You also find fresh organic veggies and fruits directly from the producers on Tuesday and Friday mornings at Coprosain on Flagey market and on Saturdays at the market "L`heureux nouveau" in St. Gilles. Le Marché de Tanneur is also great, however, I find it is getting too massive and their produce is increasingly not small-scale or local anymore.
· Non-local fruits and vegetables (i.e. sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges), directly from small-scale cooperatives in the respective countries: www.agricovert.be. The non-local produce is marked by either indicating the country of origin (i.e. FR) or by referring to the collaborating cooperative (i.e. IN)
· Extra fresh organic eggs from small producers (cannot be compared with organic eggs from the supermarket): www.agricovert.be, Jacques Defrenne on Flagey, Brugmann and Chasseur Ardennais markets. La Bouch'Bio on Albert, Brugmann and Woluwe markets. L`heureux nouveau market on Saturdays in St. Gilles
· Raw organic milk from Jersey cows milk (on demand also from goats or sheep when in season): www.agricovert.be, Ignace Bio on St. Catherine and Auderghem markets. Jacques Defrenne on Flagey, Brugmann and Chasseur Ardennais markets. Marché de Tanneurs, Färm (only available on certain days).
· Raw organic butter and organic raw milk cheeses (from goats, sheep and Jersey cows milk): www.agricovert.be, Ignace Bio on St. Catherine and Auderghem markets. Jacques Defrenne on Flagey, Brugmann and Chasseur Ardennais markets. Marché de Tanneurs, Färm.
· 100% grass-fed Galloway meat from natural reserves in Belgium, incl. bones and liver: www.veeakker.be (they organize delivery tours outside of Brussels only). Hopefully soon available at Belgomarkt as well.
· Fresh organic meat (beef, lamb, porc, venison): www.agricovert.be, www.topino.net. La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market. Coprobio on St. Catherine Market (Wednesday). Veeakker (Galloway beef and venison when in season).
· Liver: La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market. Coprobio on St. Catherine Market (Wednesday). At www.topino.net you can order chicken liver.
· Bones: La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market (ideally pre-order).
· Fresh organic chicken: www.agricovert.be (only whole chickens), www.topino.net (whole chickens and separate parts, like breasts, legs and also liver, they also have duck and turkey). La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market. Coprobio on St. Catherine Market (Wednesday)
· Roasted organic chicken (only roasted with herbs and own juice, no added oil): La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market (only sometimes!)
· Organic Charcuterie: La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market, Coprosain on St. Catherine Market (Wednesday) or via www.topino.net.
· Beef Jerkey: La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market
· Porc Grease (rendered lard) and Duck Grease: La Bouch'Bio on Albert (Thursday) and Brugmann (Friday) market
· Sustainable fresh fish: Belgomarkt (1x per week fresh, otherwise frozen), Färm (1x per week) or directly from Veeakker / Pintafish. Veeakker also has sustainable mussles when in season.
· Sustainable fish (sardines, wild salmon, mackerel, tuna) canned in glass jars and in olive oil: Färm, Tan
· Fresh sourdough bread from ancient grains (Einkorn, kamut, timilia) and also spelt: www.topino.net , on Chatelain market (a new guy making bread from sprouted ancient grains), Matinal (Rue Franz Merjay 6, close to Ma Campagne / Chatelain)
· Fresh sourdough bread (spelt and rye): www.agricovert.be, Jacques Defrenne on Flagey, Brugmann and Chasseur Ardennais markets
· RAW lacto-fermented veggies: Belgomarkt
· RAW local honey: https://ochampdabeilles.wordpress.com
· Whole grains and pulses: Vajra brand (available in many bioshops)
· Coconut Products of the best quality: Dr. Goerg Coconut Products : Coconut Oil, Coconut Cooking Fat, Coconut Butter (Mousse), Coconut Milk, Coconut Water, Coconut Flakes, Desiccated Coconut... all made from young coconuts within 72 hours after harvesting. Order via Keimling in Germany or via Keimling in France.
· Freshly pressed flax seed oil (pressed freshly every week, only has a 3 week best before date): Order via Keimling in Germany .
· Extra virgin olive oil from Greece : http://www.mani-blaeuel-shop.com/olive-oil
· Raw olives: http://www.mani-blaeuel-shop.com/olives
· Raw olive tapenades, dried tomatoes, dried tomato tapenade: http://www.mani-blaeuel-shop.com/mezespecialities
· Ready-to-drink bone broth and protein powder made from real bone broth : Superfoods.nl
· Activated charcoal, ashwagandha powder, Maca, MSM, purple corn flour : Superfoods.nl
· Chlorella, spirulina, Irish Moss: Superfoods.nl
· Bee Pollen and Manuka Honey: Superfoods.nl
· Liquid Stevia, Coconut Sugar: Superfoods.nl
· Coconut Aminos, Ghee: Superfoods.nl
· Coconut Wraps: Superfoods.nl
· Great Lakes Gelatin and Gelatin Hydrolisate, Organic Whey Protein, Rosita Cod Liver Oil and Prescript Assist Probiotic: www.ergomax.nl
· Metabolic Type specific and in general high quality supplements: www.synergisticseurope.com . Please enter "CK9776" in the section CMTA/FDN.
· Cleaning Products: Sonett brand (you find it in many bio shops)
· Cosmetics: Sante brand (available in many bioshops)