Chakras are energy centers in the body in which our inner Masculine and inner Feminine reside. Each chakra is linked to important life issues, specific parts and organs of your body, your thoughts, emotions and beliefs. There are at least 5 such centers (we use the 7 chakra system for this dinner series) and they all need to be open and in balance for energy to flow freely and harmoniously, to become more conscious and to eventually allow your inner Man and inner Woman to unite. If a chakra is out of balance, either too active or underactive, this will create symptoms in the body and mind, and also impact the other chakras.
There are many workshops out there to help you balance your chakras through yoga, crystal healing, color healing, mantra singing, meditations, affirmations… yet most ignore one crucial aspect that has the power to impact the health of your chakras several times on a daily basis: the food you eat. Food and nutrition corresponds to the root (1st chakra, see below) and without addressing and harmonizing it, all the other practices (i.e. visualisations, which correspond to the 6th chakra) will not be as effective.
This Chakra dinner workshop series builds on nutrition as an indispensable element to re-establish and maintain the balance of your chakras. It takes you on a culinary journey through the different chakras and the specific foods that balance each and every one of them - combined with (inter-)active exercises for the respective chakra in between the 3 courses.
Each modality addressed during this dinner workshop corresponds to one of the 7 chakras:
- Nutrition & Foods
- Limiting Thoughts
Program of the evening
17:30: Arrival of guests and welcome drink
18:00: Introduction to the chakra of the evening
18:30: 1st course (starter)
19:15: Active meditation (involves movement)
20:00: 2nd course (main)
21:00: Identifying and transforming limited beliefs associated with this chakra (involves group work and can be emotionally triggering)
21:45: 3rd course (dessert)
22:30: Mantra chanting & visualisation for this chakra
23:00: End of evening
What follows is a very short introduction to each chakra, so you can get an idea of its topic and linked organs. If you have issues with any of those topics or organs, this would indicate an imbalance in this specific chakra. Please note that imbalances in a chakra come seldom alone, which is why it makes sense to work on all of them.
- Root Chakra: This is about your roots (grounding), family, safety, survival, money, connection to other people. Physically it is linked to the adrenal glands (your ability to deal with stress), the bones, the legs and feet, the spine, the immune system, the joints, muscles and skin, gene expression and protein metabolism.
- Sacral Chakra: This is about sexuality, relationships, emotions, emotional expression & fluidity, creativity (in all its forms), life (birth) & death. Physically it is linked to the sexual organs, the bladder, kidneys, hips and large intestines. Functions it governs are reproduction, water and fat metabolism.
- Navel Chakra: This is about power and identity, work-life balance and energy. Physically it is related to the pancreas (blood sugar), stomach, colon, liver and gall bladder (digestion and detox).
- Heart Chakra: This is about love, compassion, expansion, service. Physically it is related to the heart, thymus gland, lungs, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, breasts and lymphatic system. It governs breathing, circulation and oxygenation.
- Throat Chakra: This is about expressing the truth of who you are and what you stand for. It's about authenticity, choice and using your voice. Physically it is related to the throat, the thyroid, the neck, the mouth, chin, cheeks, nose and ears. It governs our senses of sound (hearing and speaking), smell, taste (chewing) and metabolism in general.
- Third Eye Chakra: This is about intuition, reflection, insight. Physically it is related to the brain, the eyes, forehead, neurons and the pituitary gland. It governs mood, sleep, thinking and focus (concentration).
- Crown Chakra: This is about connection to a Higher Power, your purpose and soul. Physically it is related to the nervous and meridian system and the pineal gland. It governs light sensitivity, the circadian rhythm and cleansing processes.
Ideally you would go through the whole Chakra dinner workshop series, but you can also participate in selected chakras of your choice.
The goal of this dinner workshop series is to combine fun, education, healing and conviviality with good, clean & tasty Real Food. Although food is central, it is NOT just about the food. This is NOT your typical relaxed dinner night with sophisticated food, it is first and foremost a WORKshop - a workshop around good food and with relaxed moments, yes, but in between I will make you work as well: on yourself, physically and emotionally.
The menu is optimized from a chakra, nutritional, health, sustainability and taste point of view. The dishes are deliberately kept simple, so you can easily reproduce them at home. All ingredients come from small-scale, organic suppliers. Local & seasonal foods are used as much as possible, however some exceptions might be made to stay within the chakra frame. Meal includes animal foods (vegetarian/vegan option possible on demand).
Date 1st Chakra (root chakra): Saturday, 23rd of February, 18-23h.
After this first dinner workshop the dates of the following workshops will be announced and participants have the privilege to book the whole cycle at a reduced rate. The remaining seats are afterwards opened for people just wishing to join in for specific chakras.
Dress-code: Please wear comfortable clothes, since you will get MOVING. Consider limiting your make-up, since you might also get emotional. Include at least one RED element in your clothing, or come completely in red.
3-course all-organic dinner plus animation and exercises: 90 Euro pp. Limited to 6 people only. Reservation obligatory here.
Menu design & Animation by Mind-Body-Nutrition & Fertility Coach Claudia Kaiser. Menu preparation by Neil Evans.