Gently cooking and heating food has many advantages:
- In general it makes food easier to be assimilated by our body (this was very important from an evolutionary point of view). Especially if someone suffers from an impaired digestive function (IBS, leaky gut, ulcerative colitis...) raw food will be too hard to digest.
- It can make nutrients more available (e.g. tomatoes).
- It reduces anti-nutrients (e.g. goitrogens in cabbage/kale, lectins in grains/legumes...)
- It provides warmth and - according to Chinese Medicine - even "Qi" energy to the body.
- It enhances flavours and creates incredibly appetizing smells.
However, for some foods heating them above 40°C is NOT a good idea, since the heat will destroy precious nutrients and denature proteins and oxidize (turn rancid) fragile fatty acids. This is the case for example for dairy, oils, nuts and seeds, chocolate...
Metabolance offers you those foods in highest RAW food quality, meaning that throughout the harvesting / processing those foods have not been heated > 42°C. Of course all vegetables, fruits, meats and even the dairy in the "fresh" section are also raw - those are not repeated here.