Fresh FoodThe main part of your diet would consist of farm-fresh food. However, "organic" is not always what it seems, esp. in the supermarket... At Metabolance, you can be sure that what you get is the truly sustainable AND nourishing, and that you support local farms & local economy.
This implies that you have to pre-order (before Monday, 10:00 for pick-up on Friday 12:00-19:00), since the local farms do not have the logistical capacities of a wholesaler and also prefer to keep food waste to a minimum by harvesting only what has been pre-ordered. It might also imply that the produce is not always as "beautiful" as you are used to. However, the superior taste will compensate for that! Some items might also perish quicker, since they are absolutely untreated.
We always do our absolute best to provide you the best possible quality. However, please bear with us if occasionally some items are less satisfactory (over-ripe tomatoes, unavailable products...). That's the "price" of working with a "human" approach as opposed to an "industrial" one. In case of justified complains, you will always get a refund without further complications.
What you get
Farm-fresh REAL food (incl. old varieties & produce not fulfilling standards regarding size/appearance)
- ...from Belgian small-scale sustainably working farms (most certified organic)...
- ...that is currently in season...
- ...distributed via "short distribution circuit" (= less resources for packaging, transport, storage)...
- ...classified per Metabolic Type
plus many useful tips (e.g. concerning preparation/storage) to get the most out of your good food and minimize waste
Attention: Fresh Food canNOT be sent. Proposed quantities are approximate (usually +/- 10%).
What you don't get
- Mass-market organic food (via wholesalers)
- Fresh food imported from other countries (e.g. exotic fruits or food out of season). Only exception: avocados and sweet potatoes due to their superior nutritional value.
- "Unhealthy" fresh food.